Toasterlab is delighted to announce our first Mixed Reality Performance Symposium, hosted by the Sensorium: Centre for Digital Arts and Technology at York University. The event is free and open to the public!
This event is free and open to the public! REGISTER HERE
The Mixed Reality Performance Symposium: York is the first of six symposiums hosted by mixed reality producers Toasterlab, and will explore extended and mixed reality performance. Artists and new media creators will share modes of working and recent successes in VR, AR, and immersive theatre. Funded by the Canada Council for the Arts, Toasterlab’s Mixed Reality Performance Atelier is a two-year deep dive into the current mixed reality methods used by theatre and performance makers across Canada and the U.S. The full program is forthcoming. We’re excited to see you there!
- After Dan Graham – David Han, York University (Toronto)
- Albion VR Project – Erin Brandenburg, Kitchenband (Toronto)
- Blue Hour/36Q – Blue Hour/36Q, Paul Cegys, Project Leader (Waterloo / Prague)
- Bury the Wren – Beth Kates, Playground Studios (Calgary/Toronto)
- Jacqueiries – Jacob Niedzwiecki (Toronto/Calgary)
- Groundworks – Dancing Earth Creations: Groundworks (San Francisco)
- HistArch3D – Harrison Forsyth, York University (Toronto)
- Parkway Forest VR – Friends of Parkway Forest Park, Toasterlab (Toronto)
- Public2 – Jane Gotch Dance, Jane Gotch, Choreographer (Toronto/Kansas City)
- Remember Me – Sharon Reshef (Toronto / Prague)
- The Stranger 2.0 – Dopolavoro Teatrale (DLT), Daniele Bartolini, Artistic Director (Toronto)
- TrailOff – Swim Pony, Adrienne Mackey, Artistic Director (Philadelphia)